Tamari Spinach & Mushrooms
I made this the first time when I needed some light side dishes for a heavy main course. We loved it so much it is now a regular feature at our table.
1 onion, medium
1 large bag fresh spinach
1 glug tamari, about 1-2 tablespoons
1 glug maple syrup, about 1 tablespoon
olive oil for frying
- Peel and chop the onions.
- Wipe and chop the mushrooms.
- Rinse and drain the spinach.
- Heat the oil in a heavy cast iron frying pan. Fry the mushrooms for about 2 minutes. Add the onions and continue to fry, moving constantly with a spatula.
- When the onions and mushrooms are fried almost to your taste add the spinach. It will wilt down in a minute or two.
- Add the tamari and maple syrup. Stir gently until the vegetables are coated. Then remove from the heat and serve.