I love this quick and tasty 1 pot dish. The lime and avocado give a fresh tang to the spicy quinoa.
3 or 4 small red onions, chopped
1 small leek, washed and chopped
1 red chili pepper, washed, deseeded and chopped
1 sweet red or yellow pepper, washed, seeded and chopped
1 can black beans (400g)
1/2 can (200g) or 1 small jar sweetcorn
1 can chopped tomatoes (400g)
1 cup quinoa –(I like to use the tri-coloured one)
1 tsp cumin, ground
1 tsp sweet paprika
1 cup veg stock
1 big squeeze of lemon or lime juice,
chopped parsley or coriander leaf
- Rinse the quinoa in a sieve under a running tap for a few minutes.
- Fry the onions for a minute in a large frying pan.
- Then add the chili and pepper. Fry for one minute.
- Add the drained tins of beans and corn.
- Add the spices, the drained quinoa and the chopped toms.
- Stir well.
- Add the veg stock.
- Stir well; simmer on medium to low for 20 minutes.
- Serve with chopped avocados and fresh herbs, and a squeeze of lemon.