Write a review
- 1 oven-ready chicken
- teaspoon salt
- 1 lemon
- 2-4 cloves garlic, roughly chopped into thirds
- Sprig of rosemary and/or thyme
- Preheat oven to 210°C (Gas Mark 6).
- Prepare the chicken: The cavity of the chicken should be filled with ingredients chosen to impart flavour and retain moisture. I almost always use a lemon cut into quarters mixed with a few cloves of garlic and a handful of thyme and/or rosemary.
- Lastly I rub the skin of the chicken with a little salt to help it crisp.
- Roast for 20 minutes at 210°C (Gas Mark 6).
- Reduce oven temperature to 180 °C (Gas Mark4) and continue to roast for 45 minutes (small chicken) to 70 minutes (large chicken).
- Remove the joint from the oven and check that juices run clear.
- Rest for 20 minutes before carving.
Manna Organic Store http://mannaorganicstore.ie/