Here is the recipe for the biscuits we served at our last farm walk. Delighted so many people enjoyed them. Thanks for coming on the day, we really had a good time talking about what we do and why we do it. The questions were fantastic and led to some fascinating and enlightening discussions.
Honey Oatmeal Bikkies Makes 20 large or 36 small.
3/4 cup butter
1 cup honey
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 cups rolled oats
1 1/4 cups plain flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup nuts or raisins or a mix
- Cream the butter and honey together well.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- Add remaining ingredients. Mix well.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto greased bakng sheet.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350 F/180 C oven for 12 – 15 minutes, shorter time for smaller cookies. Check after 10 minutes to ensure they aren’t burning.