500g cooked organic beetroot in juice
150g organic feta cheese
120g pitted olives (green or black, plain or with herbs and garlic – use your favourite),
1-2 large glugs of organic olive oil
4-5 tbsp mixed organic seeds (sesame, sunflower, poppy, etc)
- Chop the beetroot into small cubes, put into the samll saucepan with a little of the beetjuice.
- Chop the olives into halves or quarters if they are very large.
- Thinly slice the feta, and then hop the pieces into small pieces, slightly larger than the olives.
- In a largbe bowl, mix the oilves, feta and the olive oil. The dish should be shiny and loose but not swimming in oil.
If you want to serve this later, stop here, and continue when ready to serve.
- Heat the beetroot in the pan, you want it hot, but not burnt to the pan.
- While the beets are heating up, sprinkle the seeds into a dry frying pan. Heat the seeds on medium and swirl around. They are ready when you can smell them and one or two start to pop.
- When the chopped beets are heated enough, mixed them into the bowl with the olives and cheese. Stir in well, then top with the toasted seeds.
- Serve immediately. – Serves 2 as a main meal, 4 as a light lunch, more as part of a mixed salad.